Split system air conditioners consist of two parts: the outdoor unit and the indoor unit. The outdoor unit is installed on or near the wall outside of the room or space that you wish to cool.
A split system air conditioner has the capacity to cool down larger spaces, such as living rooms and master bedrooms. Some models also tend to be more energy efficient compared to other types of portable or window type air conditioners. Split systems also typically run more quietly than other types of air conditioners, and some unit models even include air purifying and dehumidifying features that help improve air quality in your space.
A split system air conditioner not only provides air conditioning in warmer weather but also gives off heating when the temperature starts to drop, so you can stay cool in the summer and warm during the winter using one system. For this reason, split systems are considered a good investment for a home for any time of the year. A number of our split system air conditioners are inverter split system air conditioners.
Ducted air conditioners work primarily through a series of ducts to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
A ducted AC system has an internal fan coil unit installed in the roof space of the home. From this central location, a series of ducts run from it and into as many rooms in the house as the owner wants. From these ducts, the system allows you to cool or heat each room individually. This is called zoning.
This is done so by the thermostat on the wall, allowing you to select the temperature and other settings. The ease of cooling a whole house is apparent here, and if you’re constructing a new home or doing major renovations, then ducted air conditioning is a great choice.
Ducted ACs are considered a practical choice for cooling or heating larger spaces that are beyond the reach and capacity of wall-mounted units. They are ideal for office spaces, schools, retail shops, restaurants, and any other large rooms that require balanced air distribution.
MULTI SPLIT SYSTEMS
Multi Split Systems can heat or cool multiple rooms using only one outdoor unit connected to multiple indoor units. Each indoor unit can also be individually controlled, scheduled and set to the desired room temperature.
Multi split air conditioners are ideal for homes or buildings that have no ductwork system and are using alternate sources of heat, like space heaters and window air conditioners for heating and cooling. For this type of air conditioner, ductwork is unnecessary; it is already a complete system designed specifically for individual interior areas.
Most conventional systems are controlled by one thermostat. But a multi split system provides individual controls for each room’s temperature, allowing you to regulate the temperature in each room according to your preference. This can be a huge savings factor, since you can choose to heat or cool only the rooms you are using and not the entire house/building.
MyAir is a premium reverse cycle air conditioning management system with 10 zones, optional individual room air flow control and a touchscreen that can double as a tablet.
- Compatible with major air conditioning brands, like Samsung, Daikin, Fujitsu, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Mitsubishi and Carrier among others.
- Has an 8-inch Internet smart home control panel that controls up to 4 air conditioning systems
- Allows users to control how much air each room receives using the system’s Exact Air Regulator (EAR). It uses advanced technology typically reserved for commercial high rise buildings, which enables you to adjust the airflow to any room in precise 5% adjustments.
- Temperature sensors that automatically adjusts the airflow to maintain your selected temperature.
- Has motion sensors that detects when a room has been unoccupied and automatically adjusts the target temperature lower. The automatic adjustments can reduce the room’s energy usage by 20%. When the room becomes occupied, the room will return to original target temperature.